10 January, 2010

Travel Poems

Traveled with some close friends to Watertown, New York, this weekend to visit more friends! I got to drive into town at seven-thirty in the morning when the sun was still rising. At one point on the interstate, I looked to my right at the snow-covered peaks. They were glowing bright pink. Absolutely gorgeous.

* * * * *

Face of the mountain

Snow sifts through the proud treetops

Pink with sun-rise rays

* * * * *

While riding home in the back seat of my roommates' car, we drove into a part of one New York town that reminded me of Burlington's Main Street between I-89 and the campus (where the Staples plaza overlooks the exit ramp). I made believe we were almost home...

* * * * *

Late-evening journey

Pretending to feel at home

On a foreign street

No comments: