08 January, 2010

Seasonal Inspiration

It snowed today. All day. I'm amazed by how much it's snowed. Driving home from the city on I-89, I could barely see the hills in the distance through the veil of white that was falling, falling, falling...

* * * * *

Storm. Colors fade from

Black to gray to tan to white -

Magnificent white.

* * * * *

In Winooski, I passed a Sudanese woman carrying a toddler in a calico baby wrap on her back. Underneath the carrier the woman wore a brown parka but no hat, scarf, or gloves. She looked cold, as though she'd been walking for miles. Just before she left my sight, a visible sigh rose from her plump lips and disappeared on the wind. "That must be a hard life," I thought.

* * * * *

Multicolored back

Firm eyes dulled by bleak routine

Carry baby home

1 comment:

Raven said...

I have too many scarves, I wish I could give her one...