02 February, 2010

Left?

Tonight I helped a customer who reminded me WAY too much of an old friend. Way too much. Same face, same eyes, same posture, same sarcastic sense of humor - only less audacious, which I realized was a huge part of what I missed and loved about my friend. I never quite know how to feel when that happens so I usually end up feeling several emotions at once: sadness, nostalgia, anger, joy, melancholy... I guess that probably means I haven't yet let go. But then, I sort of wonder whether I should let go just yet. As sad as it feels to miss _____, I don't want to forget the times we shared, either. Those times comprise some of my favorite memories. You know, the ones that still make you laugh out loud seven years later?

Seven years. Can you believe that?

Not what I'm haiku-ing about tonight, though.

* * * * *

You couldn't believe
What I couldn't leave unsaid.
Where does that leave us?

2 comments:

Rae said...

Wow, that poem ended up really interesting to me with some things going on in my life today. Epic.

Kim said...

Wow, yeah, I think I get that. That's pretty interesting.